Are you getting ready for your summer fishing and boating adventures? Don't forget to take some time to review your trailer preparation and safety tips. Hauling a boat on a trailer and launching it at the busy launch ramps of our beautiful Coeur d'Alene and Spokane area lakes can have its challenges. If you've ever spent some time around a boat launch, you've probably seen that it can be a little stressful and sometimes dangerous mishaps occur when hauling or launching a watercraft.
It’s not too early to start getting your boat trailer in tip-top shape. To help make sure you can haul your boat to its destination and into the water smoothly, check out this basic trailering checklist from discoverboating.com.
Before you tow your boat trailer, be sure:
- Coupler, hitch and hitch ball are of the same size
- Coupler and safety chains are safely secured to the hitch of the tow vehicle
- All fasteners are properly tightened
- Boat is securely tied down to trailer (winch line is not a tie down)
- Wheel lug nuts are properly tightened
- Wheel bearings are properly adjusted and maintained
- Load is within maximum load carrying capacity
- Tires are properly inflated
- All trailer lighting is working properly
- Trailer brakes are properly adjusted and working (if trailer is so equipped)
- Brakes and additional equipment meet all local and state requirements
Our team at Kuespert Insurance, Panhandle Insurance and Argonne Insurance want your boating adventures to be enjoyed on the water instead of experienced with frustration on the boat ramp or on the road.
Boat Trailer Insurance:
We’re your insurance experts – here’s our boat trailer insurance advice:
Before you head out there to tow and float, be sure to take a look at your current boat and trailer insurance policies. Work with your agent to review your policy and make sure your coverage is adequate and that your policies are up to date and renewed.
- Upgraded your boat or trailer recently? If so, talk to your insurance agent about your coverage and limits to be sure your coverage is sufficient.
- Be sure both your boat and trailer policy liability limits are adequate. Just one accident involving a boat can result in extensive damage and serious injuries.
For a free review of your boat and trailer insurance contact one of our knowledgeable boat insurance agents today:
- Argonne Insurance Agency - Spokane Valley, Washington
- Kuespert Insurance Agency – Moscow, Idaho
- Panhandle Insurance Agency – Coeur d’Alene, Idaho